Need a healthy yet hearty recipe for the holidays? I got you
covered! Try this super delicious and healthy stuffed acorn squash recipe. It's hearty and filling, but not high in calories!
2 Acorn squash
1 Pound lean turkey
1 Can Black beans
1 Red pepper
1/2 c Corn (organic& GMO free)
1/4 white onion
2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
A dash chili powder
Paprika to taste
A dash of salt & pepper
Optional: goat cheese or another cheese
1. Preheat oven to 475
2. Cut both acorn squash in half and remove seeds.
3. Fill pyrex dish with 1/2 inch of water
4. Bake acorn squash for 25 minutes.
5. In large pan pour olive oil and add in chopped onion.
6. Add corn, and bell pepper.
7. Add in black beans, and turkey. Cook until turkey is cooked through.
- Remove squash when cooked through, and dump out water.
8. Turn over squash and fill with stuffing.
9. Bake for another 5 minutes.
10. Optional add on goat cheese for the last minute in the oven.